Question CPU throttling with a max temp of 65c

Jul 16, 2019
Hey guys I am new here and pls help me out with this issue...
My friend recently sold me his old but unused i5 2400 and I brought a Zebronics H61 mobo for it...I have a GTX 750ti with it,,I just want some basic games to run at 60fps in 1080p but The issue is...CPU is not constantly using the clock speed of 3.2ghz...it goes down to 1.5ghz and comes back to 3.2ghz randomly which is causing framedrops, shuttering and missing textures in GTA V...Temps are max 70c while during Prime95 and while it clocks to 1.5ghz, temps are down to 55c...But it comes back to 3.2ghz all of a sudden and I get 60fps again...Pls help me...I am attaching some screenshots to explain this in detail....Please forgive me if my English is bad...

http://prnt.sc/ofmf8r

Jul 16, 2019
I have tried disabling Intel Speed Step and running in High performance mode..I tried each and every settting my bios have to disable power savings..still no clue...

In Prime95 does it drop in frequency? If not your issue is somewhere else, maybe HDD is too slow loading textures and cpu has nothing to do meanwhile and drops frequency.
Also Windows is installed on HDD or SSD? If it is HDD is the same HDD used for windows and games too?

Jul 16, 2019
In Prime95 does it drop in frequency? If not your issue is somewhere else, maybe HDD is too slow loading textures and cpu has nothing to do meanwhile and drops frequency.
Also Windows is installed on HDD or SSD? If it is HDD is the same HDD used for windows and games too?
Have a Kingston A400 ssd as boot drive bro, HDD 2x Seagate 500gb and its good according to Harddisk sentenel...even when stress testing too, it does the samething bro...its not the issue of HDD right...Thanks for the reply bro

Not CPU heatsink, VRM, it is very different, from what i see the VRM of your motherboard is very very weak.

This is VRM
gigabyte-motherboard-vrm-diagram.jpg

This is your motherboard VRM
url

zebronics-h61-motherboard.jpg

See that is almost nonexistent.

Also if you curious what is VRM here a little explanation: https://www.maketecheasier.com/what-is-vrm/

Jul 16, 2019
Not CPU heatsink, VRM, it is very different, from what i see the VRM of your motherboard is very very weak.

This is VRM
gigabyte-motherboard-vrm-diagram.jpg

This is your motherboard VRM
url

zebronics-h61-motherboard.jpg

See that is almost nonexistent.

Also if you curious what is VRM here a little explanation: https://www.maketecheasier.com/what-is-vrm/
Bro...Its a new mobo...what could be the possible sollution ?? Actually, My CPU heatsink is very large and blocks all the tiny capacitors...never had this problem before when I used G41 with a C2Q..Pls help me...

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019
Next time when you post in a forum for a solution to a problem post your entire build properly, yes 200W it is too low for your build, you need a 500-550W good quality unit (Seasonic focus, evga g2 or g3, Corsair RMx, RMi, HX, HXi, AX, AXi)
I am really sorry bro..pls understand I am new here..thanks alot for your help bro..u were very kind and not irritated by my behaviour...so is my PSU really only 200W..? It said 450W in description when I brought it...but on the PSU it says Continous usage shall not exceed 200W..I am confused alot now...
My Build:
i5 2400
GTX 750ti Zotac 2gb
6GB DDR3 Ram Hynix
Kingston A400 120gb boot
Seagate 500gb hdd x2

Jul 16, 2019
PSU Brand and model?
Borrowed a circle gaming 450watt power supply from a friend and tried stress testing...still the processor drops to 1.5ghz...I think its the VRM issue as you mentioned earlier bro...If thats the issue, I wont be able to change the mobo for a couple of years..I am on a very tight budget and I just brought this rig...but other users commented great gaming with this crap mobo...Thanks alot fpr helping me bro..