[SOLVED] Cpu throttling

Feb 5, 2019
Hye guys .

I have problem with my cpu usage . My cpu usage higher then gpu usage . Is it bottleneck ? Or any application running in background ? I already update gpu driver & re-install gforce experience. Can someone help me on this .. thanks in advance .

This is my rig spec :

Cpu : i3 8100
Gpu : Gtx 1060 6gb ddr5
Ram : 16gb
Ssd : 128gb
Hardisk: 1tb seagate .

I just play dota 2 game .

Average fps 160 , it will drop to 100 if cpu suddenly reach 100% usage .

Solution

but it suddenly happened , before this the usage cpu & gpu stable . Yes i noticed my fps sudden drop . Games will bit spike when fps drop .
You CPU reaches 100% usage because it cannot keep up with the GPU.
By the way if you are getting 160 FPS average then you are above average with the hardware you have.
If you are getting 100-160 FPS then you do not have an issue.
Dota 2 framerates could go from 70 FPS to 160FPS depending on resolution (720p, 1080p or 1440p) on settings (low, medium, high or max settings)
If your FPS was dropping from 100 to 50 or 40 then that could be a problem.
It is normal for a game like Dota 2 FPS to...
Feb 5, 2019
Hye guys .

I have problem with my cpu usage . My cpu usage higher then gpu usage . Is it bottleneck ? Or any application running in background ? I already update gpu driver & re-install gforce experience. Can someone help me on this .. thanks in advance .

This is my rig spec :

Cpu : i3 8100
Gpu : Gtx 1060 6gb ddr5
Ram : 16gb
Ssd : 128gb
Hardisk: 1tb seagate .

[/QUOTE
There will be always bottleneck.
The GTX 1060 could perform better with a i5.
Do you notice the frame drop if you don't pay attention to the FPS?
If your games are running fine then you should not worry.
but it suddenly happened , before this the usage cpu & gpu stable . Yes i noticed my fps sudden drop . Games will bit spike when fps drop .

You CPU reaches 100% usage because it cannot keep up with the GPU.
By the way if you are getting 160 FPS average then you are above average with the hardware you have.
If you are getting 100-160 FPS then you do not have an issue.
Dota 2 framerates could go from 70 FPS to 160FPS depending on resolution (720p, 1080p or 1440p) on settings (low, medium, high or max settings)
If your FPS was dropping from 100 to 50 or 40 then that could be a problem.
It is normal for a game like Dota 2 FPS to oscillate . You cannot get the same FPS throughout the game since you could be just walking around and the next second there will be several characters fighting.
You could also be on a plain area and the next there will water and shadows to render.

Do you notice any slow down if you play the game without paying attention to the FPS count?

Solution