[SOLVED] Cpu to hot?

Aleksxx03

Prominent
Jan 9, 2020
So my cpu is a i7-9700F and my cpu cooler is a corsair h75 (2080). My average temps are around 70 and my min is around 35, but my max today was 95

taeioum

Respectable
XMP shouldn't cause temps like that. I've got XMP turned on right now as well and my temps are below 40C. Was thermal paste applied to the CPU block (the cold plate)? If not, the only other thing I could imagine is that it's not mounted properly.

Aleksxx03

Prominent
Jan 9, 2020
That's a 2008 model? I'm assuming it's old by now, even if it's not purchased in 2008. I'd advise replacing it, as the liquid in it permeates over time.
do you maybe think it could be XMP or something like that because i think my temps went up after i activated it

taeioum

Respectable
XMP shouldn't cause temps like that. I've got XMP turned on right now as well and my temps are below 40C. Was thermal paste applied to the CPU block (the cold plate)? If not, the only other thing I could imagine is that it's not mounted properly.

Aleksxx03

Prominent
Jan 9, 2020
yeah there was thermal paste, maybe mounted wrong just find it weird that after like a couple of months the temps would go up like that.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS