thekiller_boyka

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I have an Athlon II x4 750k, with stock cooler. It isn't oc'ed, but CPUID read 117 degrees celcius fot package, and Speccy , read the same (117) temperature for all 4 cores, it cannot be so hot, the max temperature is 70 degrees celcius. I changed thermal past twice. Performances are good, PC, doesn't show down? Can these temperature be real?

Solution

Likely a sensor mis-read.

Use the motherboard manufacturer's monitoring software. If not, try an updated version of Hardware Monitor (HWMON) or CoreTemp.

AMD CPUs will throttle and shut down once you start getting near 70c. It would have cooked itself and failed by now...

Likely a sensor mis-read.

Use the motherboard manufacturer's monitoring software. If not, try an updated version of Hardware Monitor (HWMON) or CoreTemp.

AMD CPUs will throttle and shut down once you start getting near 70c. It would have cooked itself and failed by now if you were regularly running it over 100c. Even an Intel CPU, which runs much hotter, will throttle at 95c.

Solution

Alin Prema

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Ok, what motherboard do you have? I have the 750k on a MSI A75MA-E35 motherboard. I guess by CPUID you mean CPUID's HWMonitor. Well, 117C is just a guess of what the internal temperature of the CPU is since it doesn't have an internal thermal diode and it's reading the temperature from a thermal diode situated in the socket. The stock cooler should let it go to max. 90C because those were the readings on mine when i had the stock cooler on it but it went to about 5700RPM to keep it at that temperature. Check the settings for the CPU cooler in BIOS and make sure it has the power management on in order to raise the fan's RPM when the temperature is increasing. EDIT If the BIOS shows under 60C then it's ok.