[SOLVED] CPU too hot

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
I have a laptop with an intel core i7 10750h but the temperate is around 50C with only a few tabs of Chrome open!
The model is a g712lu from ROG
I even have a cooling pad and liquid metal!
Can you please help me with this issue?

Solution
50 deg C is nowhere nearly too hot, especially for a laptop CPU. Some of the latest web contents can be surprisingly CPU-heavy. Launch any graphics-heavy game or benchmark software and see what happens to your CPU temperature.

If it still concerns you, grab a can of compressed air and blow your heatsink fins clean with care. You don't want to overspeed your fans, or get dust where there really shouldn't.

Modern processors are designed to function for extended periods at much higher temperature than that. While higher temperature will shorten their life, they would still almost certainly last through their useful lifespan in most cases.

Back until late Pentium III days , 50 degC was considered excessive - Though that was before the...

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
50 deg C is nowhere nearly too hot, especially for a laptop CPU. Some of the latest web contents can be surprisingly CPU-heavy. Launch any graphics-heavy game or benchmark software and see what happens to your CPU temperature.

If it still concerns you, grab a can of compressed air and blow your heatsink fins clean with care. You don't want to overspeed your fans, or get dust where there really shouldn't.

Modern processors are designed to function for extended periods at much higher temperature than that. While higher temperature will shorten their life, they would still almost certainly last through their useful lifespan in most cases.

Back until late Pentium III days , 50 degC was considered excessive - Though that was before the days of integrated thermistor and thermal protection, and was presumably measured on the motherboard at a point near the processor, which was likely much hotter.

Solution

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021

Back until late Pentium III days , 50 degC was considered excessive - Though that was before the days of integrated thermistor and thermal protection, and was presumably measured on the motherboard at a point near the processor, which was likely much hotter.
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS