Mar 2, 2019
Hello!
Im going to USA soon and I want to buy some pc parts for my first gaming pc. I want to buy the i5 8600k and some corsair vengeance ram, but I don't know if its save to take home to Denmark again.
I don't know how I should pack it so it's secure. I know that the people working with luggage in airports, usually just throws the luggage on the conveyors, therefor im afraid that some of the cpu-pins might get bend or the ram breaks
.:confused_old:

-Alexander

Last edited:
If it is in the original box, the cpu will be fine in almost any situation. It is inside a plastic case, inside the cardboard, so that there is no damage to the CPU. The newer Intel processors use the FCLGA1151 array, and the CPU no longer has pins on it. The motherboard now has them.

Just keep the RAM in its original package and it should be fine as well.

You want take it on as carry on, don’t stick it in the hold as anything in the hold gets treated poorly. Remember to destroy any evidence you bought these parts in the US, if you get caught by customs I believe you will be over the limit where technically you should declare and pay tax/duty.

Mar 2, 2019
If it is in the original box, the cpu will be fine in almost any situation. It is inside a plastic case, inside the cardboard, so that there is no damage to the CPU. The newer Intel processors use the FCLGA1151 array, and the CPU no longer has pins on it. The motherboard now has them.

Just keep the RAM in its original package and it should be fine as well.

Oh that's fantastic, I thought it had pins. Thank you for your fast reply and some new facts :)

Mar 2, 2019
You want take it on as carry on, don’t stick it in the hold as anything in the hold gets treated poorly. Remember to destroy any evidence you bought these parts in the US, if you get caught by customs I believe you will be over the limit where technically you should declare and pay tax/duty.

Yeah I think that would be the safest way to go. Regarding the tax/duty thing I'm pretty sure, that i'm not over the limit. The limit for taking stuff home to Denmark is about 533 US dollars.
Thank you for your reply and the help :)