[SOLVED] CPU turns on but No display!

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
Config:
Pentium g2020 2.90ghz, 6gb Ddr3 RAM, gt 1030 GPU , H61M-S1 mobo ....

Problem:
Pushing the power button starts the PC , shows "AOC" (monitor name) and then nothing the monitor light just keeps on blinking while the PC is running. Can't even reach bios menu for it.
Monitor is connected to GPU via Hdmi to vga convertor thought it was convertor problem but still shows the same when directly connected to PC. Tried cleaning the RAM sticks connect a different monitor but no luck.

Even though it rarely turns on (once out of 10 tries by toggling with display via GPU and direct ) runs for a while, shows"no signal" and again....PC is still running but no display! Please help me fix this.

Solution
Not a new build just randomly started happening. Also I tried removing the RAM sticks , cleaned them but still nothing.
Try a different cable at this point, I've had this issue occur and it's either been the cable or the physical video port itself. I fixed the cable issue by swapping out the cable and I fixed the port issue by using a USB to HDMI adapter. Maybe try one of those?

TheComputerNerd

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Not a new build just randomly started happening. Also I tried removing the RAM sticks , cleaned them but still nothing.
Try a different cable at this point, I've had this issue occur and it's either been the cable or the physical video port itself. I fixed the cable issue by swapping out the cable and I fixed the port issue by using a USB to HDMI adapter. Maybe try one of those?

Solution

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
Monitor is powered by USB through CPU.
Its an AOC 15 inch monitor consisting of a VGA port (other end connected to motherboard or GPU) and Type B squaretype USB port (other end has 2 USB's connected to back of CPU) .
I connect the GPU to monitor with an hdmi to vga convertor but all it shows is blank screen , thought it was GPU fault but still no output when connected to motherboard. [Explained everything in detail]
Now....Can you specify which cable should I change?

TRENDING THREADS