Cpu ucode loading error.

deadtired

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Its been 2 days now and i still can't figure out whats wrong with my cpu. I have a e6400 stepping 1 revision A1 OEM cpu with the p5b deluxe with a completely up to date bios but i still get the cpu ucode loading error and have no idea why. I was able to get passed that screen and install a OS on the system i put together and i'm currently using it right now. My system reads the cpu as Intel Pentium D 000 @ 2.13ghz.

Anyone have any ideas how i can fix this problem?

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Flash the Bios and load the defaults and it should go away. For what ever reason the BIOS isn't detecting the CPU properly. Worked for me and many others.

You could try re-seating the CPU but from my personal experience it not the issue.

deadtired

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Already flashed the bios the latest version and restored default settings but it still reads it as an Intel Pentium D CPU 000 @ 2.13ghz.

Also CPU-z reads the core as an Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe Stepping 1 Revision A1 but under specs it says Intel Pentium D CPU 000 @ 2.13ghz (ES).

I also wanted to test my core temp to see if my aftermarket heatsink was working well and when i try to load up core temp it says 'This processor does not support DTS readings. This program will not continue"