[SOLVED] CPU Undervolting?

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
Are there any specific things I need to know to undervolt my CPU? It gets hot, on a 30 minute session it can heat up to 87c!

What BIOS settings do I need to use, y'all??

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Solution
Could you recommend a cooler please, so I can bookmark it!

I'm not well versed with coolers so my suggestions would probably be sub-par

I recommend making a new thread in the 'Cooling' section I linked below, tell them your CPU, your budget and if you know what case you have tell them what your computer case is. They'd be able to give better suggestions than I could

Furzumz

Reputable
Wraith stealth cooler, stock that came with the CPU!

That's why your temps are high, the coolers that come with CPU's aren't that good and typically run processors on the hot side when under heavier loads such as gaming.

Your processor has a max operating temperature of 95c so 87c isn't anything that's going to ruin your processor. But I'd still recommend a better cooler if you can afford one

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
That's why your temps are high, the coolers that come with CPU's aren't that good and typically run processors on the hot side when under heavier loads such as gaming.

Your processor has a max operating temperature of 95c so 87c isn't anything that's going to ruin your processor. But I'd still recommend a better cooler if you can afford one

Furzumz

Reputable

I'm not well versed with coolers so my suggestions would probably be sub-par

I recommend making a new thread in the 'Cooling' section I linked below, tell them your CPU, your budget and if you know what case you have tell them what your computer case is. They'd be able to give better suggestions than I could

Reactions: anceintsz
Solution