[SOLVED] CPU Update

Aug 8, 2021
Hello everyone I have the current system.

CPU: I5 9500F
Motherboard: Asus B360M TUF GAMING -S
Ram: 16 RAM 2666mhz coirsar veageance pro
SSD/HDD: Transcend SSD220S 480gb / 1 TB Barracuda Seagate HDD
GPU: GYGABITE 2070 super
PSU: Coirsar 750 PSU
Chassis: coirsar 280x

I have been surfing this forum and i have read that I might have problems with the VRms overheating .

It will be paired with a artic freezer duo 34 I know it doesnt fit i will use 1 or 2 cm enlarge on the tempereade glass so it will fit >-<

4 intakes fans on the side and the bottom 120mm
2 exaust on the top 120mm
thinking of adapating a 80 mm exaust in the back

witch one the I7 9700F , I7 9700 or the i9700k didnt really wanted go to a 8 generation and a i9 probally will have more Vrms problems

And of course its for gaming purposes :p

Last edited:
Solution
i don't trust anything i see on YouTube.
too many of the video creators are only geared towards getting views and do not care about stating actual facts.
some even have sponsors that they will favor by lying about or exaggerating issues with other manufacturers.
and you would never know how any available "proof" they show may have been edited into a video in some way.

if you can search for this particular motherboard(ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S)
on Tom's Hardware or other trusted forums and find trusted members commenting on the danger,
then i would be more likely to believe it.
the board seems to have decent heatsinks on them as you can see.
where did you see that this particular board had issues?
ARTED210106IYZJP.jpg

i don't trust anything i see on YouTube.
too many of the video creators are only geared towards getting views and do not care about stating actual facts.
some even have sponsors that they will favor by lying about or exaggerating issues with other manufacturers.
and you would never know how any available "proof" they show may have been edited into a video in some way.

if you can search for this particular motherboard(ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS GAMING S)
on Tom's Hardware or other trusted forums and find trusted members commenting on the danger,
then i would be more likely to believe it.

Solution
Aug 8, 2021

Not my specific MB but still i think i i would have some problems wiht my current chipset

Like is it worth to buy a i9900k for 320€ and later on get a decent board for him on should i just save up and jump to to next generation ?

is it worth to buy a i9900k for 320€ and later on get a decent board for him on should i just save up and jump to to next generation ?
i usually never skimp on computer components anymore.
when i'm upgrading or replacing parts i always spend a lot of time researching the top tiered options that will offer the best performance vs going for a budget approach and waiting to find they aren't what i had hoped\expected.

i'd probably just save for a bit if necessary and go up to a i7-10700K at least.

it's seems hard to find a really nice mATX motherboard a lot of the time. many seem to skimp on heatsinks, headers, and other features that micro-sized systems could still make good use of.

my suggestion would be to keep the midget system you have and use it for other purposes.
maybe find a lower tiered GPU and use the RTX 2070 in the new setup
and go for a new full ATX build with a nice Z490\590 board.

Reactions: Stoned Reaper