CPU Upgrade assistance?

Keyalivash

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015
Hi, I'm currently looking for a CPU upgrade and I recently bought the FX 6300 for my Custom-made computer and I'm having issues with the screen not even displaying, Yet, my desktop turns on... I read up on the FX 6300 Black Edition and many are saying that this Processor does not work well with my motherboard. Any suggestion or advice on whether or not I can get this CPU to work or a CPU to consider buying for my setup. I'll put a specs below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Callisto 45nm Technology

GPU
ZORAN (1768x992@30Hz)[/code]
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A87TD/USB3 (AM3)

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz

OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

All of this was found out by Speccy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am aware that I am heavily bottlenecking my GPU, but that is why I'm looking for a CPU upgrade desperately. I would love to play Total War: Attila without the god-awful framing I experience. My budget currently is set to a max of $160-$200. Any other advice with helping out the framing for future gaming would be HIGHLY appreciated as well, as I am still new technology tampering with computers.

Solution
Finding a brand new X4 970 will be difficult since they no longer are manufactured and Newegg will never have it in stock again. Return the FX-6300 and find a used x4 955; the x4 970 is too expensive for the additional performance it offers over the 955. Your budget is enough to get a faster (particularly in games) i3-4160 and a good motherboard.

Keyalivash

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015

I did take a look at the link before, I was just worried that the those Processors weren't enough, since I'm inexperienced with this kind of stuff, yet I am willing to learn. I took a look at the AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition. It's just my view on Phenom is shaky ever since I look at my current CPU as the worst Processor ever. xD I'm currently seeing if I can trade the FX 6300 on NewEgg with that X4 970 and have it Back order since there are none in stock currently. I just want to make sure I get a good result. >.<

Finding a brand new X4 970 will be difficult since they no longer are manufactured and Newegg will never have it in stock again. Return the FX-6300 and find a used x4 955; the x4 970 is too expensive for the additional performance it offers over the 955. Your budget is enough to get a faster (particularly in games) i3-4160 and a good motherboard.

Solution