Question cpu upgrade/bios update

hey guys just upgraded my cpu from a ryzen 7 2700x to 5800x3d its a am4 motherboard what bios update will i need?
my mobo is a B450M Pro4-F
The latest one? If you look at the notes there’s one that says support for 5000 series CPUs, any after that is fine but you should just update to the latest one for all the updates it has. I am concerned that it doesn’t soecifaiclmy mention the 5800X3D though as that came out significantly later than the 5000 series. My Mobo for example has an update specifically for the 3D chip

LRuss94

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
The latest one? If you look at the notes there’s one that says support for 5000 series CPUs, any after that is fine but you should just update to the latest one for all the updates it has. I am concerned that it doesn’t soecifaiclmy mention the 5800X3D though as that came out significantly later than the 5000 series. My Mobo for example has an update specifically for the 3D chip
ok so the 7.40 version then?
i did double check this everyone was saying it will be fine but i also had my concerns

ok so the 7.40 version then?
i did double check this everyone was saying it will be fine but i also had my concerns

what is your current bios version

make sure before you do anything that

* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.

otherwise it could sod up the motherboard

if your bios revision is 1.60 or 1.50 you should be fine to update to the latest driver i recon

TRENDING THREADS