Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
Hi Guys

I'm currently running this setup
  • Ryzen 5 1600AF (stock clocks) with 212 evo black on it
  • B450 Tomahawk Max II from MSI
  • 16GB 3200Mhz ram
  • 1660 Super (EVGA)

I was looking in to doing a CPU upgrade since i'm seeing that the 1600AF is starting to struggle a bit here and there ,

i was looking at a ryzen 7 3700X , but my question is , what about driver issues or needing a fresh install of windows?
i installed the basic motherboard drivers Lan / Audio and the full chipset package from AMD's Website , nothing more
So if i pop in a 3700x will this work without issues or needing to do a full reinstall of windows?

Cheers

Solution
Hi Guys

• 16GB 3200Mhz ram
  • 1660 Super (EVGA)
I was looking in to doing a CPU upgrade since i'm seeing that the 1600AF is starting to struggle a bit here and there ,

i was looking at a ryzen 7 3700X , but my question is , what about driver issues or needing a fresh install of windows?
i installed the basic motherboard drivers Lan / Audio and the full chipset package from AMD's Website , nothing more
So if i pop in a 3700x will this work without issues or needing to do a full reinstall of windows?

Cheers
A CPU update on the same motherboard doesn't require anything to be reinstalled.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi Guys

• 16GB 3200Mhz ram
  • 1660 Super (EVGA)

Cheers
A CPU update on the same motherboard doesn't require anything to be reinstalled.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution