Question CPU upgrade for Asus F7E laptop?

CPU's on laptops can't easily be replaced, actually sometimes (if they are soldered on to the motherboard) they can't be replaced at all. That CPU is pretty old it really isn't worth the time or hassle to upgrade it. If you did upgrade it with something from the same era it wouldn't be that much better you are replacing an old CPU with a slightly better, but still pretty old CPU.

Nov 18, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know that there will be no miracles, but for now this would be the most successful solution, as the Asus F7E's screen is still quite good compared to many of the laptops present in average price.

The Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 would be the most efficient CPU I've ever identified.

If anyone else knows what other CPU than Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 can be used on this laptop model I look forward to suggestions.

Thanks.

Intel website states two different socket-types were used for the Mobile Core Duo T5500:
PPGA478 & PBGA479. See here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...ssor-t5500-2m-cache-1-66-ghz-667-mhz-fsb.html

If yours is the latter type (BGA) then the CPU is not removable as it's soldered to the board.
So you need to establish which of the two fitting types applies to your laptop model.
I do not have the answer to that.

Please also be aware that just because a CPU matches the socket-type on the motherboard, that is no guarantee that it will work. The BIOS has to support it too.