Question CPU Upgrade for HP computer

Aug 6, 2022
I have a Hp Slimline Desktop 260-a114. When I go to msinfo32 it shows the following.
Baseboard Manufacturer-HP
Basebo0ard process 8183

When I go to CPU-grade I can't find the 8183. Does this mean by 2025 since I no longer will get updates I will hav e to buy a 2011 or whatever Windows computer.

Thanks for your help.

I have a Hp Slimline Desktop 260-a114. When I go to msinfo32 it shows the following.
Baseboard Manufacturer-HP
Basebo0ard process 8183

When I go to CPU-grade I can't find the 8183. Does this mean by 2025 since I no longer will get updates I will hav e to buy a 2011 or whatever Windows computer.

Thanks for your help.
Are you talking about windows 11 and the dropping of support for windows 10 in 2025?

If so don't worry about it a lot can change between now and 2025.

Are you talking about windows 11 and the dropping of support for windows 10 in 2025?

If so don't worry about it a lot can change between now and 2025.
I tend to doubt MS will add support for AMD Carrizo APU's. I don't know if it includes a fTPM anyway...OP would have to look for a TPM 2.0 socket on his motherboard which is doubtful. If it has one he'd have to buy it from HP since it will doubtless be proprietary.

Hopeully, though, MS will at least continue security updates for Windows 10 even if nothing else.

@Bruciebb1 : your system uses an A8-7410 APU which is soldered directly to the motherboard: it is not upgradeable. You can continue using Windows 10 after 2025 just don' t plan on any MS support, feature nor quality updates. If the number of users like yourself continues to remain high MS will almost certainly provide some degree of security updates and you can always buy a 2nd party anti-Virus if they do drop it. MalwareBytes is pretty good IMO.

I tend to doubt MS will add support for AMD Carrizo APU's. I don't know if it includes a fTPM anyway...OP would have to look for a TPM 2.0 socket on his motherboard which is doubtful. If it has one he'd have to buy it from HP since it will doubtless be proprietary.

Hopeully, though, MS will at least continue security updates for Windows 10 even if nothing else.

@Bruciebb1 : your system uses an A8-7410 APU which is soldered directly to the motherboard: it is not upgradeable. You can continue using Windows 10 after 2025 just don' t plan on any MS support, feature nor quality updates. If the number of users like yourself continues to remain high MS will almost certainly provide some degree of security updates and you can always buy a 2nd party anti-Virus if they do drop it. MalwareBytes is pretty good IMO.
As we get closer to the end of support date we will get a better understanding of what msft will and won't do.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
EoS is not EoL.

End of Support simply means Microsoft will no longer update that version of Windows, will no longer bug-fix that version of Windows, but will still offer Security updates.

End of Life is when the Security updates stop coming, like they've done now for WinXP or prior.

You don't need to upgrade hardware to continue using the OS, it simply means Microsoft (and it's partners) wants you to buy a new version, which will generally mean upgrading the pc to at least minimum standards. I have a pc that's old enough that it still runs Windows98SE just fine, with a whopping 2Gb of 800MHz ram and 512Gb Hdd and CD Burner. It won't handle even the move to Win7.