Question CPU Upgrade for i5 4690K

Apr 15, 2019
I currently have an i5 4690K and am looking to upgrade, I know that July is my ideal spot with the upcoming AMD and Intel updates.

I usually upgrade incrementally, RAM, GPU, HDD and just recently upgraded to a 2070. So, my question is what to upgrade for my HDD and RAM?

I currently have 16GB of 2333 RAM, updated at the same time as my original CPU.

I have...well, too many drives. a 120SSD(My first), 240SSD, 500SSD, 2TB drive and Bluray. When I upgrade I want to swap out the 120SSD as I've had it for 7+ years and the Bluray because it is no longer needed. I want to add in additional SSD/M.2 drives.

WildCard999

Titan
16gb memory is enough for most tasks and you have a decent amount of storage. I'd overclock that 4690K as long as you have a capable motherboard (Z87/Z97) & good cooling then continue to save so you'll be able to get a excellent CPU when 3rd Gen Ryzen releases. The newer platforms for most motherboards support M.2/NVMe drives.

Apr 15, 2019
Ok, thank you both. That was more or less what I was looking for, It is a Z97 with a massive heatsink, however I moved back to Phoenix last year and remember our family's Apple IIE nuking the upgraded memory because it was in the living room in direct sunlight so I am wary of overclocking if it isn't necessary.

TRENDING THREADS