[SOLVED] CPU upgrade

Hasan5164

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
Hi,
my current system is i7 7820X, ASUS RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, all liquid cooled

need advice, will it be worth to upgrade to AMD 3900X?

just planning to upgrade the Mobo and CPU

Thanks
Hasan

Solution
Worth is something only YOU can determine.
Presuming this is for gaming, an upgrade to a 3900X would be marginally better primarily if your games were multiplayer with many participants.
Otherwise, a i9-9900K would be better.
But... I would not do such an upgrade today.
10th gen intel is rumored to be coming in may and coming and amd is making cpu upgrade noises also
for the fall.

If you have some upgrade money itching to be spent, look at a bigger/higher res monitor.
Worth is something only YOU can determine.
Presuming this is for gaming, an upgrade to a 3900X would be marginally better primarily if your games were multiplayer with many participants.
Otherwise, a i9-9900K would be better.
But... I would not do such an upgrade today.
10th gen intel is rumored to be coming in may and coming and amd is making cpu upgrade noises also
for the fall.

If you have some upgrade money itching to be spent, look at a bigger/higher res monitor.

Solution
Apr 9, 2020
Hello there, your cpu seems to be really good and I believe that you do not need to upgrade it for now, it would not be worth it. Of course, you'd get more performance but not enough compared to the price you'll pay.
A 3900x is like 500 bucks, add the mobo for another 150, it is going to be really expensive.
I would advise you to wait a little bit more and enjoy what you already have.
Cya!

Hasan5164

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
hi to all, thanks for the advice, i have never experienced a AMD system, but based on the reviews on youtube i was planning to build, i am looking to upgrade to a 1440p monitor, but that 12 extra cores would really benefit or not

i dont over clock, currently the CPU and GPU are water cooled stock, i play FPS games on high and Ultra, over here 3900x is 600USD and a good ROG mobo is 450USD or more, i9 10900x is 870USD, not a big difference in performance between 7820x and 10900x or 10920x,

TRENDING THREADS