[SOLVED] CPU Upgrade

Jxm1e

Prominent
Sep 27, 2020
Im looking to upgrade my cpu on my build atm and i was wondering what cpu i should upgrade to? i currently have a ryzen 5 3600 and my budget is around £ 300. I was looking at upgrading to the ryzen 7 3700x, im not sure whether the upgrader is worth it or if theres any better cpus i could get.

Also im fairly new to pc building so i dont know if i need to get a new motherboard or not as im on a budget.
Thank you :)

Built List
MSI B450M PRO M2 MAX
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz
3070 Founders Edition (i know its random)
Aerocool Integrator 850W 80 Plus Bronze
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 Gaming Solid State Drive
Seagate ST2000DM008 Internal Hard Drive - 2 TB

Solution
If you mean gaming and then streaming your action out to viewers at fairly high resolution it can help. But just streaming in TV, movie and other video your 3600 will give you top-notch performance for that as it is.

And still, that motherboard really is not a good candidate even for 8 core. Although it would work the VRM's going to get toasty; I'd put a fan blowing on it back there if you could. Possibly even glue some heatsinks on the FET's to help dissipate heat in any way possible.
What is your intended use for it? It's probably only going to help with highly threaded applications like content creation, video editing and graphical rendering. Even then, 6/12 to 8 core/16 threads isn't that much of an uplift either. It's really not worth it unless going to 12 core, 3900X or Zen3, neither being recommended on that motherboard.

Gaming will see no significant improvement.

Jxm1e

Prominent
Sep 27, 2020
What is your intended use for it? It's probably only going to help with highly threaded applications like content creation, video editing and graphical rendering. Even then, 6/12 to 8 core/16 threads isn't that much of an uplift either. It's really not worth it unless going to 12 core, 3900X or Zen3, neither being recommended on that motherboard.

Gaming will see no improvement.
The only thing i'd really do is streaming which i haven't done yet because internet issues which is sorted now and my proccessor, would a new cpu improve streaming?

If you mean gaming and then streaming your action out to viewers at fairly high resolution it can help. But just streaming in TV, movie and other video your 3600 will give you top-notch performance for that as it is.

And still, that motherboard really is not a good candidate even for 8 core. Although it would work the VRM's going to get toasty; I'd put a fan blowing on it back there if you could. Possibly even glue some heatsinks on the FET's to help dissipate heat in any way possible.

Solution

Jxm1e

Prominent
Sep 27, 2020

Thanks for your help, i think ill pass on an upgrade as it doesn't seem necessary, thanks anyway! :)