Question CPU Upgrading Advice needed

May 13, 2021
Hey there!
I currently have a R5 1600X on a A320 board.
I was thinking of upgarding to a 3600 or a 3600x since only they are supported by my motherboard even though I wanted a 5600X but yeah no BIOS update for it.
Would coming from a 1600x to a 3600 be a "big" difference or is it worth it ?
How long would it usually take for a bios update to the 5600X ?
I do also have a RTX 2060 if that helps and usually play 1080p trying to get 144Hz.
Thanks for the answers in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
We know the chipset but we're going to need to know the make and model of the motherboard in order to verify how much support the board has with respect to CPU upgrades. As for the GPU, what is the make and model of the PSU? How old is the unit in question?

if you're asking how long it'll take for a BISO update to roll out for that chipset, most likely never since that board would've gotten that support a long time ago.

May 13, 2021
We know the chipset but we're going to need to know the make and model of the motherboard in order to verify how much support the board has with respect to CPU upgrades. As for the GPU, what is the make and model of the PSU? How old is the unit in question?

if you're asking how long it'll take for a BISO update to roll out for that chipset, most likely never since that board would've gotten that support a long time ago.
The motherboard is: ASROCK A320M-DGS
My PSU is a Cougar VTE 600W 80+ Bronze and its around 1 and a half year old or something.