[SOLVED] CPU upgrading on HD Intel Graphics

Feb 10, 2019
Hi, im new to the forum and i wanted to know which processors are compatible with my laptop, and also wanted to know if my laptop can upgrade its processor, im looking for best gaming experience and with a low budget, but name me all compatible processors anyways, since i can make an exception

Lenovo G470 4328

Intel Core i5-2410m 2.30 GHz

Intel HD Graphics 3000

MotherBoard:

Manufacturer: Lenovo

Model: Base Board Product Name, Base Board Version

Chipset: Intel, Sandy Bridge

SouthBridge: Intel HM65

Here's more Info: https://prnt.sc/mjd6hr

Help me pls :D

Solution
That laptop CPU is soldered to the motherboard, unfortunately that means you cannot upgrade the CPU or even add in a GPU.

What you can do to maximise performance, is to max out your RAM to dual channel as IGPs (Integrated Graphics Processors) built into CPUs perform better with more memory bandwidth.

You can also switch to an SSD which gives faster start up and map loading times compared to a HDD.

And of course, set to High Performance Power Plan, and maybe, if you feel confident, use Custom Resolution Utility to overclock your laptop panel a little further.

Have a good day.

kgt1182

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
That laptop CPU is soldered to the motherboard, unfortunately that means you cannot upgrade the CPU or even add in a GPU.

What you can do to maximise performance, is to max out your RAM to dual channel as IGPs (Integrated Graphics Processors) built into CPUs perform better with more memory bandwidth.

You can also switch to an SSD which gives faster start up and map loading times compared to a HDD.

And of course, set to High Performance Power Plan, and maybe, if you feel confident, use Custom Resolution Utility to overclock your laptop panel a little further.

Have a good day.

Solution