CPU USAGE 100% WHEN CONNECTED TO INTERNET. pls help

Jeromethy

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
I need help, I think my PC is infected or something.
When Im not connected to the internet my pc is just fine, it runs perfectly, but when I do connect it to the internet, I experience major drops in performance, and even while idling my cpu usage goes to 100%. What is causing this? Is my PC infected?

Also no idea where to categorize this, so Im just putting this in CPU in hopes of receiving help and an answer

Solution
Theres 2 things that could be happening, 1 is a virus (likely) that is using your computer for processing when you're connected. The other is that your AV software is corrupted, but the first one sounds more likely. Download AVG and make a bootable USB and run it off that, it may find it for you.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd

DisoIsHere

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
A much easier solution is to , download Avira Antivirus and do a Complete System Scan .
Then download Malwarebytes and do a system scan, this will check for any malware.
If nothing solves the problem , check if the process called , HOST PROCESS FOR WINDOWS is the thing causing 100percent CPU load. If that is the case then , I suggest resetting you Windows .

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

How is that easier than making a bootable USB that will guaranteed catch it and remove it. Many new viruses circumvent you installing new virus software after the fact, but by booting outside your installed OS you can catch them. Its very simple.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Installing 2 applications, running 2 scans and hoping that they get it, because they may not if the virus masks itself (have encountered this hundreds of times) is not easier

:D

TRENDING THREADS