Question CPU usage 100% with Intel Core i5 (6th Gen) 6500 / 3.2 GHz and GTX 1070

Nov 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I've been searching loads of different post on my problem, but still no solution has been the right one :-(...

I have a Ideacentre AIO y910-27ish with quite good specs!
But i've been experiencing a really bad gaming experience with it!
As I can see my CPU are constantly running on 100% with any game. Doesnt matter if the settings are on high or low. CPU usage is still going rocket high and i'm only getting around 40-50fps in such as Call of Duty Modern warfare. 120isch FPS in CS:GO (at max) aprox 90-100 normal. And around 35-40 in World of Warcraft.
I've made sure that all my threads are running (only 4 of them tho).

All the specs are listed here: https://www.cnet.com/products/ideacentre-aio-y910-27/

You guys are my last hope to hopefully getting a fix!
I've also tried running windows from scratch. but still no fix.

Cheers!

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I've been searching loads of different post on my problem, but still no solution has been the right one :-(...

I have a Ideacentre AIO y910-27ish with quite good specs!
But i've been experiencing a really bad gaming experience with it!
As I can see my CPU are constantly running on 100% with any game. Doesnt matter if the settings are on high or low. CPU usage is still going rocket high and i'm only getting around 40-50fps in such as Call of Duty Modern warfare. 120isch FPS in CS:GO (at max) aprox 90-100 normal. And around 35-40 in World of Warcraft.
I've made sure that all my threads are running (only 4 of them tho).

All the specs are listed here: https://www.cnet.com/products/ideacentre-aio-y910-27/

You guys are my last hope to hopefully getting a fix!
I've also tried running windows from scratch. but still no fix.

Cheers!
Have you tried resetting the bios?

Nov 6, 2019
Its hard to explain, but it looks like my CPU are concentrating on a new program every 10 sec or so. To be more specifick it jump from program to program and then the "targeted program" uses a hell lot of CPU.

Please order process list by cpu column so processes with highest cpu usage are on top.
Also use imgur.com instead.

Noticed disk usage also is very high.
Please post screenshot from Resource Monitor disk tab - disk Activity section
(order by column Total and adjust Filename column, to be readable).

Should look similar to this:
(Notice ordering is done by column Total in Disk Activity section. But file names are not fully readable. That should be fixed.)
disk-activity15.jpg

Reactions: RodroX
Nov 6, 2019
Please order process list by cpu column so processes with highest cpu usage are on top.
Also use imgur.com instead.

Noticed disk usage also is very high.
Please post screenshot from Resource Monitor disk tab - disk Activity section
(order by column Total and adjust Filename column, to be readable).

Should look similar to this:
(Notice ordering is done by column Total in Disk Activity section. But file names are not fully readable. That should be fixed.)
disk-activity15.jpg

here you go
View: https://imgur.com/a/w6bMiXQ

View: https://imgur.com/a/rifLdvO

And thank you for helping

you should be at 2-3% max cpu usage at the desktop with no browser open, CPU often near 800 MHz, once all updates are done, cloud syncing done, and running minimal bloat.

Are your clock speeds/turbo behaving normally, going to 800 MHz to 1500-2000 MHz often, with spikes to 3.x GHz? (3.6 GHz single core, perhaps 3.2 GHz all-core?)

In your example , I saw lots of Lenovo bloat and Nvidia experience junk running...; turn off unneeded junk at startup.

Any game out in the last 4 years is already thread challenged with only 4 threads, and, aso ny extraneous applications occupying/sharing thread usage will hinder your gaming experience. (But certainly, 100% usage in gaming is the absolute normal nowadays, with good GPUs such a GTX1070 or above making it all the more certain and guaranteed)

Reactions: RodroX