[SOLVED] CPU usage 20% while GPU is 90% ?

k0ezen77

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017
hey i have a ryzen 7 5800x and a gtx 1060 6go and on valorant i only have between 300-400 when i should more beeing around 600 whats the probleme ?

Solution
Ever since the 2.5 update, a lot of ppl have been complaining about a drop in fps.

So far, the only thing I've found is that if you are running Asus Suite 3.0, that conflicts with the hack check/cheater software Valorant uses. Only solution to date is to completely (and I do mean completely, not just an uninstall) get rid of Asus Suite.

Regardless of the actual number, it's so far above your monitor resolution that it makes no difference. 300 or 600 or 1000fps isn't going to change anything, either visually or game play.
hey i have a ryzen 7 5800x and a gtx 1060 6go and on valorant i only have between 300-400 when i should more beeing around 600 whats the probleme ?

You would need to provide your full system specs including PSU for anyone here to be able to help trouble shoot your system. The low hanging fruit would appear to be the now low end 1060 GPU but system memory, storage device, in game graphic settings, and monitor resolution all play a part in what FPS you're getting.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ever since the 2.5 update, a lot of ppl have been complaining about a drop in fps.

So far, the only thing I've found is that if you are running Asus Suite 3.0, that conflicts with the hack check/cheater software Valorant uses. Only solution to date is to completely (and I do mean completely, not just an uninstall) get rid of Asus Suite.

Regardless of the actual number, it's so far above your monitor resolution that it makes no difference. 300 or 600 or 1000fps isn't going to change anything, either visually or game play.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution