Cpu usage and gpu usage!

Jun 19, 2018
Today i wanted to play Battlefield 1 and i opend fraps to see my fps. I only have mesh quality to ultra and everything low or off and fps was around 50 to 60. Normally on that settings i have around 95 to 110 fps if i remeber correctly maybe little more fps i can not remember). I went to see my fps in gta 5 and it was around 55 to 65 with normal to high settings ( i have around 75 to 90 fps on gta 5 online) than i wanted to see fps in CSGO and on all high settings it was 250 but it would always fall to 150. I saw that my cpu usage was 100% on gta 5 and very low gpu usage. I have gtx 1070 ti and i5 4460 and yes i know its a bad processor for that kind of gpu but my fps was fine before. I had drivers update today or yesterday but i dont think that is problem. Sorry for bad English.

Solution
Which Windows?

If Win10, is Game Bar disabled?

If GeForce Experience is set to update drivers automatically, turn it off and install drivers manually when actually need to. It's not necessary to have the latest drivers and when it's time to update you would rather be in control because a new driver could have something wrong with it or its not installed properly.

Install DDU in normal Windows and run it in safemode to uninstall Nvidia drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download the latest drivers from GeForce.com. Enter the system fields correctly to get the right driver. If the latest driver is still giving you trouble then try an older driver.

When a new driver is released...
I don't see anything wrong with your FPS on those games.
By the way you won't see any difference between 75 FPS and 250 FPS on a 60 Hz display.
If you have a 60Hz monitor then is only capable of outputting 60 FPS, even if your GPU can output 200 FPS.
You don't have a bad CPU, but what you're doing is stressing your system, since the CPU and monitor cannot keep up with the GPU.
I would understand trying to get more than 60 FPS if you have a 120 Hz or 144 Hz display.

Jun 19, 2018
My problem is that whole time my fps was around some x number that i was pleased with and then just went down today and i wanna know how to fix it i just know that my cpu usage is to high and my gpu usage is to low becouse it is not a too good fit of gpu and cpu but still i was stable before way i do not have stable fps now what is cause of my fps droping is it drivers update??

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from markorogosic01 : "Cpu usage and gpu usage!"

There are Windows updates, game updates, drivers update, firmware updates that could cause lower FPS and reduce overall system performance.
Sometimes is done to prevent crashes, for security reasons (Intel Meltdown and Spectre), for smoother experience, etc.
Without paying attention to the FPS on FRAPS, are you lagging when playing the games?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Whats the rest of your specs? Hdd, memory, monitor and Windows?

For those games its quite normal for an i5 to be at high usage levels with a card like that, just only now noticing because you have a reason to check.

As said updates can cause changes in system behaviour.

If running Win10, have you checked Game bar hasn't been re-enabled? Game bar's dvr recording records your game sessions automatically in the background and it uses CPU power.

Jun 19, 2018
I was a bit laggy on bf 1 but there was no updates only one in the morning (nvdia drivers) but i was plying Rainbow Six Seige all day and i did not have problems with that game ( didnt check fps) and afternoon when i tested bf1 a saw some stuter and then i wanted to see fps and it was not as usual .

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Which Windows?

If Win10, is Game Bar disabled?

If GeForce Experience is set to update drivers automatically, turn it off and install drivers manually when actually need to. It's not necessary to have the latest drivers and when it's time to update you would rather be in control because a new driver could have something wrong with it or its not installed properly.

Install DDU in normal Windows and run it in safemode to uninstall Nvidia drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download the latest drivers from GeForce.com. Enter the system fields correctly to get the right driver. If the latest driver is still giving you trouble then try an older driver.

When a new driver is released, check GeForce forums on driver feedback before installing.

Solution

You should cap your games to 60 FPS to match your 60 Hz display.
There is no point in having your GPU and CPU working hard to output more FPS than your monitor is able to display.