[SOLVED] CPU usage and temp 100 while GPU usage 2-10% when playing games

Jul 4, 2018
So everything was going good till today, i decided to check how much dust is in my pc and it was a lot, is that the problem? Do I need to clean dust or something? Im getting huge lag spikes around 20 fps while i was getting 120 fps on league of legends, GTX 980 i5 4460

Solution

Get the dust out of it. Pay attention to the HSF(s)/Radiator(s). That buildup insulates the parts meant to rid the heat so they can't get rid of it. That alone can cause your temp readings with little to no load.

Considering, you'll also need to remember to periodically open up the case and dust inside to prevent it from happening again.

Well yeah your system is clearly overheating and going into thermal protection by slowing itself down to a crawl.

Get the dust out of it. Pay attention to the HSF(s)/Radiator(s). That buildup insulates the parts meant to rid the heat so they can't get rid of it. That alone can cause your temp readings with little to no load.

Considering, you'll also need to remember to periodically open up the case and dust inside to prevent it from happening again.

Solution
Jul 4, 2018

im keeping both of my case sides open everytime under my desk

That can sometimes help keep things cooler... but also, depending on the case and filters, make the dust situation worse. It's still a good idea to dust your PC at least once or twice a year, more if necessary.