[SOLVED] CPU usage at 100% when doing nothing

pinkers51

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
Hi, I'm having an issue where my CPU is being used at 100% even when i'm doing nothing. I've looked into this myself, and have found that it is most likely due to a mining virus (it is at 100% when I do not have task manager open, then springs back up when i close it), but I have tried all the methods that I could and a process called "System Idle Process" with a PID of 0 is using the majority of my CPU. I cannot open the file location for it, nor can i stop the task/process as it is grayed out. I have run multiple antiviruses, and I have even looked into other reasons why System Idle Process might be acting up, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

pinkers51

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
I ran scf /scannow in command promp, it said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I didnt really know what dism was, but I looked it up and ran "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth", after doing this it said The restore operation completed successfully.

Even after doing these, System Idle Process is still taking up my CPU :(

pinkers51

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
Ok so, I disconnected my internet last night and left Malwarebytes on to scan one more time, and it found a Trojan in Registry Value, with the location being HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUNONCE|9128003D-A5BD-4981-A3BB-8DACDE43F378

After quarantining and deleting that, about 3 instances of Runtime Broker are taking up about 50% of my CPU until I open task manager. I no longer see System Idle Process popping up, so I think that extra Malwarebytes scan got rid of that!

Buuuut now it's time to deal with Runtime Broker. Any ideas?