CPU usage at 100% when gaming...

Letten

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Hello, recently I have installed windows 8.1 just to take a look at it, but when I installed Smite I noticed that it was Choppy and some animations were broken, my cpu usage was at 100% everytime.

With windows 7 I played smite smoothly at 60fps at max settings.

AMD A10 7700k

In the task manager it tells me that I have 2 cores but 4 logical processor, as far as I know I have 4 cores not 2, thanks

Solution

Task manager is correct, technically.
The A10 7700k's CPU side has two bulldozer modules, that have 2 logical processors each. All of the "8 core" AMD processors fall into the same category, 4 modules with 2 logical processors each.
I like to think of the module cores being a halfway between Intel's hyperthreading, and a full core...

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Task manager is correct, technically.
The A10 7700k's CPU side has two bulldozer modules, that have 2 logical processors each. All of the "8 core" AMD processors fall into the same category, 4 modules with 2 logical processors each.
I like to think of the module cores being a halfway between Intel's hyperthreading, and a full core.

That's just information that changes nothing however. As for the 100% CPU usage, try the basics first. Reinstall all of your drivers with the Windows 8.1 versions, force directX to update ect. See if that helps anything first, the A10-7700k should easily handle Smite as it was for you before.

Solution