Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicverse

Commendable
Apr 4, 2019
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3567, my laptop has the problem all dell users have the broken battery thing where your power adapter doesn't get read, so I just removed the battery a few weeks ago and it was working perfectly fine, until my laptop's power adapter was accidentally unplugged while watching Netflix and now the cpu usage is capped at 30% and speed capped at 0.48 GHz. I have tried going into BIOS, but I can't use my mouse or the keyboard. PS I am on windows 10 version 1709 and I cant update it.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
Unplugging the power adapter shouldn't do anything like that. The only thing I can think of is power settings got changed. The laptop knows when it is plugged in and unplugged, so it will change its power-saving settings to compensate for running on battery power. It aims for optimized power savings and performance. Have you tried using it while plugged in to see the usage? I would also fully charge the battery, then drain it all the way. Remove it and hold down the power button for 10 seconds (just to be safe). Then, reinstall the battery and charge the laptop fully. See if the issue is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.