Question CPU Usage gets stuck at 50% (one core stops working) frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2020
Hi,the processor is Core i3 5th generation for laptop. So I want to clear first of all, This Problem exists in Windows 10 and not on Windows 7. The Problem is that when I'm playing any game which demands high CPU usage for AAA titles on a Core i3 dual core 2.1MHz Processor, the CPU usage for first couple of minutes is above 50%(70~80%) but then suddenly the CPU usage gets stuck at 50 and when I looked at the FPS monitor, I found that One Core stops working temporarily and then suddenly both cores start working and then again another core stops working Causing Lag in Games like GTA V. However this problem doesn't occur in Windows 7 so there is no question that my Cpu is weak as in Windows 10 when the CPU usage is above 50, there is no lag or stuttering in game. I'm also attaching a screen shot of GTA V and please look at the right corner for CPU usage(Sorry for bad Image Quality). Please Help me, I'll be grateful. Also I had rebooted my laptop completely and reinstalled Windows 10 but still the problem exists for me.

Bring us your "Laptop Name brand and Model number" while your at it.
Most games from early 2018 till now atleast want 4 cores recommended speeds starting at 2.5ghz.
Good enough onboard memory or gpu card memory starting at 2gb of ddr5 or higher starting at 1200mhz or higher.

Jun 24, 2020
Bring us your "Laptop Name brand and Model number" while your at it.
Most games from early 2018 till now atleast want 4 cores recommended speeds starting at 2.5ghz.
Good enough onboard memory or gpu card memory starting at 2gb of ddr5 or higher starting at 1200mhz or higher.
My Laptop is pretty old. Hp 15-ac083tx with ddr3 2gb gpu and 2.1 GHz Dual Core Processor. It seems then Windows 10 has some problem with my laptop regarding playing games on this specs. And I'll try the above method too.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Depends on what game but todays games don't peg current or recent CPU's to 100 percent. The GPU barely pegs to 90 percent but CPU usage on a quad core would be about 60 percent if it is a decent Quad Core and on a higher core count more like 20 percent to 40 percent CPU usage. Now a days it is the video card you must worry about and upgarde every so often where as the CPU life span is very very long especially for 6 core and up CPU's and what not. 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.