Question CPU Usage goes to 100% while gaming

Oct 28, 2018
So, my GPU is failing, yay. Now, I am experiencing something that really bothers me. In most of the game, the CPU Usage will go to 100% and the game pretty much lowers it FPS down and starts lagging. It stays 100% CPU Usage for 10-15 seconds and usually the frame from (let's say 60fps) drops down to 30-40. Really bothers me, and the 'lag spikes' occur 3-4 minutes one from each other.
My PC specs are:
Graphics card: ATI RADEON x700/x550
RAM: 3GB
CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.61Ghz
32-bit OS
It might be a cooling issue because after I clean the central unit, (sorry, I'm not english so I hope that's the word) the CPU Usage doesn't go to 100% while gaming or watching videos for a few days, (let's say 5-6 days).
Any help?

Oct 28, 2018
What makes you say this?

What games are you playing?
What resolution and graphical settings are you playing at?
What are your CPU and GPU temps?

Ultimately it's an old CPU with a poor integrated graphics.
Well, someone said that I have clear signs of my GPU failing. Such as black textures in game, black screen of death while playing 3D games etc. I play Toontown: Rewritten, CS:WaRzOnE, Minecraft, ROBLOX, Star Stable Online, The Sims 3 and Crazy Chicken Kart 3. All of them have these lag spikes. I play at 1280x1024, or sometimes 800x600, if the games are too laggy. As for the temperature, do you recommend any third-party softwares I could use to monitor them?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, someone said that I have clear signs of my GPU failing. Such as black textures in game, black screen of death while playing 3D games etc. I play Toontown: Rewritten, CS:WaRzOnE, Minecraft, ROBLOX, Star Stable Online, The Sims 3 and Crazy Chicken Kart 3. All of them have these lag spikes. I play at 1280x1024, or sometimes 800x600, if the games are too laggy. As for the temperature, do you recommend any third-party softwares I could use to monitor them?
This kind of issue can still be many things technically. Changing resolution also has an impact on your CPU for example, and your PSU functionality affects how well your GPU functions. Just as an idea.

You can use HWInfo for temperature monitoring.
You can also use Resource Monitor (part of windows) to check what resources are using your CPU.

Oct 28, 2018
This kind of issue can still be many things technically. Changing resolution also has an impact on your CPU for example, and your PSU functionality affects how well your GPU functions. Just as an idea.

You can use HWInfo for temperature monitoring.
You can also use Resource Monitor (part of windows) to check what resources are using your CPU.
Well, I did try changing resolution in CS:WaRzOnE and it didn't have any impact on the CPU load what so ever. I'll try the temp monitor and resource one and I'll post the results in a minute.