[SOLVED] Cpu Usage High - Help

Dec 7, 2018
I have a an i5 6500 with a stock intel cooler, as well as a gtx 1070. Even after completely resetting my computer CPU usage is relatively high. 20+ literally doing nothing. Is this because of inadequate cooling? Any solutions thanks. (I also plan to upgrade soon to a new cpu and better cooler, will this solve my issue?)

Solution
First thing to do is stress test your CPU check temps etc with cpu-z or 3dmark etc if that is showing problems with temp etc such as very high or it crashes then you have a problem in that case you could reseat the cpu and use better thermal compound. Either that or get an AIO cooler.Thats if the problem is heat

Ill list some other things to try before you reseat the cpu
Disable and uninstall any anti-virus you have see if that makes a difference
Also could be a virus so scan or re-format your system
Also make sure all drivers are up to date on everything they can use alot of io
Also do this
Open your Start menu.
2. Click Run
3. In the command screen type "msconfig.exe"
4. In the "system configuration utility",click either "service"...
Dec 7, 2018

Have already done this and nothing is high in usage. But sometimes when I pull up the task manager or pull of a web browser or game it spikes and goes down a little bit. But cpu usage is very high. Im pretty sure its due to bad cpu cooling but idk

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
First thing to do is stress test your CPU check temps etc with cpu-z or 3dmark etc if that is showing problems with temp etc such as very high or it crashes then you have a problem in that case you could reseat the cpu and use better thermal compound. Either that or get an AIO cooler.Thats if the problem is heat

Ill list some other things to try before you reseat the cpu
Disable and uninstall any anti-virus you have see if that makes a difference
Also could be a virus so scan or re-format your system
Also make sure all drivers are up to date on everything they can use alot of io
Also do this
Open your Start menu.
2. Click Run
3. In the command screen type "msconfig.exe"
4. In the "system configuration utility",click either "service" or "startup" tab
5. Uncheck all programs that your are no longer using.
6. Click "OK"

Solution