Question Cpu usage increasing when I move my mouse. When idle its stable.

Dec 22, 2018
Hello, so the issues all started to appear when I was air compressing my computer. I was trying to dust out the top fan, but because of my bad angle, the white gas or whatever came out of the air compressor. It got on my gpu, and maybe the cpu fan cooler, and probably the motherboard, it was a short burst though. When I opened fortnite, I noticed how my game cut stuttering, like micro stutters. When my mouse is idle, the usage of my cpu is around 30%, but when I move my mouse, in a split second my cpu usage jumps all the way up to 51% to 60%, and my fps drops from a constant 160(because I capped it) to 120-140, it ranges from there. And when I keep my mouse idle, it's kind of constant. I noticed that I can't even get 300 hundred frames anymore. I already did a rma on my graphics card, and I still have the same issue. I'm pretty positive it might be a cpu problem, I just need someone to help me. Thank you :)

Mar 29, 2019
What're the specs of your system and what application or service, along with its corresponding PID code is responsible for the cpu spikes?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS