Question CPU usage spike?

Aug 9, 2022
I'm running i7 4770 and 1050ti, 16gb of ram. When I play dota 2 at medium-high settings. I get 60fps stable and frametime stable at 16.2ms. Cpu usage is like 20-30% and gpu is 60-80%. And after a couple of minutes my CPU usage went up in 70-90% all of a sudden. And my fps went 60 to 40ish. When I try to open the task manager to see what causing my cpu usage high, and it will be back to normal like something is hiding idk lol. What are the probable cause if the sudden cpu usage?

D

Deleted member 362816

Rocket league is not very CPU dependent compared to other titles. That being said something in the back ground has to be eating up the CPU. Possible that you are triggering something to record you game footage as that would explain what is happening and the fact that it goes back down as soon as you alt-tab and leave the game.

Aug 9, 2022
Rocket league is not very CPU dependent compared to other titles. That being said something in the back ground has to be eating up the CPU. Possible that you are triggering something to record you game footage as that would explain what is happening and the fact that it goes back down as soon as you alt-tab and leave the game.

that maybe the problem, but didnt even bother to fix it. I reinstall the OS and the problem went away. I think some kind of malware? idk. But it solves my problem, It's time to format my pc anyway.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
It could have been malware. It could have also been wear and tear of Windows, depending on how long you went without a reinstall. Windows tends to get that way no matter what, after a few years of moderate to heavy usage.