CPU usage spikes to 110% when launching chrome

Hey everyone. I was FaceTiming my friend the other day, and we were talking about chrome and how inefficient it is. I opened task manager and booted up chrome. I saw my CPU usage spike to 110%, but go down to 5% after it finished launching. Not really an issue that causes me any trouble, just curious if there was a reason for this.

Windows 10
Late 2016 MacBook Pro 13”

Solution
Lotta stuff loads when you load Chrome, and you have a relatively weak 2-core CPU in that thing. It tries to get it done as quickly as possible.

I don't own a Mac, but 110%? I guess the MacOS task manager takes the CPU's Turbo Boost into account maybe? My 4-core/8-thread laptop CPU shot to 86% opening Chrome to a blank slate.
Lotta stuff loads when you load Chrome, and you have a relatively weak 2-core CPU in that thing. It tries to get it done as quickly as possible.

I don't own a Mac, but 110%? I guess the MacOS task manager takes the CPU's Turbo Boost into account maybe? My 4-core/8-thread laptop CPU shot to 86% opening Chrome to a blank slate.

Solution

Good thing is I’ll be upgrading to a 6 core Ryzen 5 1600 build this Christmas so that’ll be over lmao. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS