[SOLVED] CPU usage stuck at 100% Idle

ChillyOne

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2013
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5
500 Gb SSD,
32 GB Ram
2080TI Gpu

Hi everyone, Recently while after updating my Nvidia Drivers my cpu usage and temp went up. Just to give a back story. Initially I was having an issue with my PC. It would stutter and lag so i updated it and tried to do a clean install of the GPU drivers using DDU. That was when its CPU usage got stuck at 100%.

In Task manager my CPU stays at 100% and temperature now stays a bit higher then it used too. It used to idle at 34 degrees or so now it hovers between 44 and 57 degrees Celsius. Its not really lagging, at the moment and it stays at 100 with nothing open.
Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me understand what's going on?

Solution
Seems like a memoryleak issue with your OS, if your CPU usage is 100% after booting into OS GUI. You might want to try and perform a system restore prior to the point of the issue cropping up...or backup all critical content and then proceed to reinstall your OS(after recreating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools).

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like a memoryleak issue with your OS, if your CPU usage is 100% after booting into OS GUI. You might want to try and perform a system restore prior to the point of the issue cropping up...or backup all critical content and then proceed to reinstall your OS(after recreating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools).

Reactions: ChillyOne
Solution
Can you also post a screenshot of Task Manager, either in the Processes or Details tab and sorted by CPU usage?

If you need a place to post it, Imgur or Imgbb should do. Just paste the link here.

With regards to memory usage though, a screen shot of Performance tab -> Memory page will help.

Reactions: ChillyOne

ChillyOne

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2013
Can you also post a screenshot of Task Manager, either in the Processes or Details tab and sorted by CPU usage?

If you need a place to post it, Imgur or Imgbb should do. Just paste the link here.

With regards to memory usage though, a screen shot of Performance tab -> Memory page will help.
Thanks for the response, I had already ran the system restore which worked as the links will show. However, im back to my previous issue. So i may just do a fresh re-install.
View: https://imgur.com/JKrigeX

View: https://imgur.com/a/r0VCLe2