CPU usage very high

Konvicted99

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016
I started to get almost 98 to 99 percent usage when I'm playing games or watching YouTube videos from past couple of hours. Games take longer time to load. AC Origins is lagging like hell. The video starts to stutter even if i move my cursor. The temperatures are in normal range. Need help!

AMD FX-4100
Sapphire R9 270X
8 GB RAM
1 TB WD

Solution

I think those are your CPU temps.
Try to monitor your CPU temps while playing...
Feb 23, 2018
What is your OS? If you're using windows, check the task manager (By pressin CTRL , SHIFT, ESC at the same time) and look for processes that have high CPU usage. Try to disable Real time protection from windows defender or any antivirus (because antiviruses can have high CPU and memory usage). Try to disconnect from the internet to stop any ongoing background update (e.g windows update) or you can also do a virus scan.

Konvicted99

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016

I have windows 10. Chrome uses around 70-80% while watching YouTube. I have Avast and it uses around 3-4%. Also chrome is using around 1 GB of RAM.

Feb 23, 2018
Hmm... I would suggest you to go and reset your chrome, then check for update. If you don't want to reset, try deleting the cache. If it doesn't work, then you might want to try CCleaner to clean up and repair broken / unused registries.
If you want, you can try other browser (eg Firefox or Edge). I'm using Firefox on a low end Netbook and it uses around 10-30%CPU while watching youtube and around 60-90% while playing online flash game.

Konvicted99

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016

But it's not just chrome. The games are running slower too. I used to get 90 fps in Dota 2 and now its 30. Assassin's Creed Origins started lagging. The cursor/character is turning with some significant delay.

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

I think those are your CPU temps.
Try to monitor your CPU temps while playing games or watching movies, also download CPU-Z and look at your cpu speed if it goes up and down like from 3 GHZ to 800MHZ ore something then it his throttling.
If that didn't gave any results try to reinstall your OS.
First, if you did my first step please keep me updated and write down your temps.
Also keep your GPU drivers UPDATED!
And also look at your GPU temps while playing games or watching movies :p

Solution