[SOLVED] CPU usage when loading up a game question.

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
Gigabyte z390 aorus pro
MSI GTX 970 (Sigh)
Corsair RMX850 Gold
Nothing is overclocked

I just recently started playing Borderlands 2 again and I noticed when loading into the main menu and loading into areas, my cpu spikes from 13-16% to 30 and then to around 55 for maybe a second or 2 and while looking at HWinfo64, I noticed my Cpu wattage spikes to around 103W and My temps spike from low 40s to 60-62, all of this happens only for a couple of seconds at a time. I have Txaa off and Physx on low, I also set the Physx to my gpu in the nvidia control panel. I also didn't install the Physx driver either.

This also happened during loading screens in Halo Reach and a few other games, but now it is bothering me a little. I have noticed when playing overwatch, my temps spike from low 40s to 60 when a game is ending recently, I've had this system for almost 2 years and overwatch has always done this. I don't have any performance issues in these games, so I am just wanting to ask if it is normal. Thank you.

I am just wanting to know if this is normal behavior? Just want to make sure I am not damaging anything and if it is normal. Thank you.

Solution
Gigabyte z390 aorus pro
MSI GTX 970 (Sigh)
Corsair RMX850 Gold
Nothing is overclocked

I just recently started playing Borderlands 2 again and I noticed when loading into the main menu and loading into areas, my cpu spikes from 13-16% to 30 and then to around 55 for maybe a second or 2 and while looking at HWinfo64, I noticed my Cpu wattage spikes to around 103W and My temps spike from low 40s to 60-62, all of this happens only for a couple of seconds at a time. I have Txaa off and Physx on low, I also set the Physx to my gpu in the nvidia control panel. I also didn't install the Physx driver either.

This also happened during loading screens in Halo Reach and a few other games, but now it is bothering me a little. I have...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Gigabyte z390 aorus pro
MSI GTX 970 (Sigh)
Corsair RMX850 Gold
Nothing is overclocked

This also happened during loading screens in Halo Reach and a few other games, but now it is bothering me a little. I have noticed when playing overwatch, my temps spike from low 40s to 60 when a game is ending recently, I've had this system for almost 2 years and overwatch has always done this. I don't have any performance issues in these games, so I am just wanting to ask if it is normal. Thank you.

I am just wanting to know if this is normal behavior? Just want to make sure I am not damaging anything and if it is normal. Thank you.
Normal don't stress it.

Solution
Loading doesn't mean only "move data from storage to RAM", the program still has to figure out what to do with that data, and hence the processor starts working.

As an analogy, you can move ingredients from the fridge and cupboard onto your plate, but you don't necessarily have a meal ready to eat. You probably have to "process" the food into something you can.

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
Loading doesn't mean only "move data from storage to RAM", the program still has to figure out what to do with that data, and hence the processor starts working.

As an analogy, you can move ingredients from the fridge and cupboard onto your plate, but you don't necessarily have a meal ready to eat. You probably have to "process" the food into something you can.
Hm, never thought it that way. Alright I’ll try not to stress about it as much and move on, thank you both.

TRENDING THREADS