Question Cpu Usage

May 4, 2019
So I have R3 2200g, Rx 570 paired up with 3000mhz ram, (a320m motherboard so can't overclock) while gaming my cpu usage is usually at %100 usage which causes other programs such as discord to lag, freeze etc. While I game my CPU temp is around 70-65C aswell is this normal and what should be my temporary fix for the %100 cpu usage problem since I will purchase a better cpu in the future? Its really annoying to not be able to use discord...

A quick mitigation is to increase the graphics quality, this will put more strain on the GPU and take some off of the CPU. Also your games will look better. You will just be giving up some fps. The 570 will have no problem maxing out settings at 1080p in most games. So, aim for 45 to 60 FPS at 1080p and turn up the settings until you reach that.

Next, try to cut down on the background services. Try to run only the things you want running.

Finally, these problems are usually game specific. What you have is a pretty balanced system. Sometimes the CPU will be maxing out and sometimes the GPU will be. Your system is actually nearly identical in performance to my system which has an i5 4590 and an RX 470. I'm pretty regularly right around the 60 fps mark on most games with them maxed out at 1080p, with the CPU sitting around 80% usage.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX