Question Cpu utilization only gets to 100% in safe mode

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I’m having a strange problem with a strange build.

When I stress test with aida64 it shows 100% CPU utilization, 3.6GHZ. But task manager is telling me that im only using 90%, 3.2 GHZ.

When I boot into safe mode, task manager is accurate... tried reinstalling windows, turning off all power saving features in bios, etc. nothing helps

Any ideas?

Here is the build:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R
E8400 OC @3.6 GHZ via fsb bios
4GB DDR2
Nvidia GTS250
Seasonic GM-650
Phanteks eclipse case

A little back story on this build if anyones interested, the neighbors were having a big argument and they threw their sons PC out, right in front of my house.

A few days have gone by, nobody got it... started raining, in front of my house, sooo....

I at least expected something like a Z270 inside, but come on a P35? Jeez. The glass is cracked too.... but hey, if its free...

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Nobody has any ideas?

Pretty sure it isn’t thermal throttling, as the peak core temps according to aida64 is 60c.

Changed power plan to high performance and still nothing.

Turned of all overclock in bios and reset all settings, still the same thing. CPU utilization not going to 100%, about 2.7 - 2.8GHZ in task manager, 3 in aida64. Cpu-z is also accurate...

Im not keeping this build (maybe just the psu and case :D). Im just really, really itching to know whats causing this issue.

TRENDING THREADS