Question CPU Utilization Spikes to 100%, GPU to 0% when gaming.

Oct 21, 2022
Take me launching Cyberpunk 2077 for example, we'll be fine for about a minute then the CPU will decide to take over (causing massive stuttering and freezing slowing down my PC to nearly a standstill) and the GPU will dip in usage completely then go back to normal and does this intermittently throughout my session making it borderline unplayable, this problem persists throughout every game I try to play.

I've honestly got no clue what's happening but I believe this problem has been getting worse overtime. I thought I might've done something in system settings to cause this and did a factory reset but it's still happening. I'm not a big hardware nut but would appreciate trying to find out if it's a hardware issue such as degrading parts or if it's just easily fixable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group B550MH
RAM: 16GB

Oct 21, 2022
Judging by the benchmarks it seems my RAM is underperforming by quite a margin and might be the problem? I impulsively bought some better ones and hopefully they do the trick but a professional opinion on whether this was the right action would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

Oct 21, 2022
After some more rigorous testing using "HWinfo" and watching it alongside me playing a game I noticed the Power Reporting Accuracy (third table) is always quite low outside of gaming and spikes to nearly 160% at most! Also according to the "Yes" Marking underneath its determining it to be a motherboard issue and HFC issue, so I'm not sure if it's a PSU problem or what now. This is all very confusing for me I'm afraid.

EDIT: Forgot to post this link regarding the HWinfo Monitoring: View: https://i.imgur.com/WDwxiB6.png

TRENDING THREADS