[SOLVED] CPU Vcore Auto voltage over 1.5 at idle, causing the temps to be always 50+

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
So last week I got my new PC built, ryzen 3500 6C/6T 65W and I paired it up with an Antec C40. The motherboard is an ASUS EX A320M GAMING and I've left everything on auto settings. after setting everythng up, I see that my CPU Idle temps are always on mid 50s and pretty much never fall below 50, and during high load the voltage drops to about 1.45s, also making the clocks drop to 3.9Ghz when it's meant to run at 4.1Ghz all core boost (That's what I'm guessing I'm not really sure). What options do I need to tweak in the BIOS to fix this? I'd honestly like my CPU cool during idle while also maintaining a good 4.1Ghz all core under load (if that is actually the way it's meant). I tried disabling the precision overdrive thing but still same issues.

Here are some images: View: https://imgur.com/a/NuVwfpF

Last edited:
Solution
I am not sure, but we are expecting like ~1.32V right ? I would start with trying disable PBO, or enable save -> reset -> disable. Its stuck way to high for default run. After that bios update, something like this should be patched for quite a while.
you may try to force it to 1.325V
I am not sure, but we are expecting like ~1.32V right ? I would start with trying disable PBO, or enable save -> reset -> disable. Its stuck way to high for default run. After that bios update, something like this should be patched for quite a while.
you may try to force it to 1.325V

Solution