[SOLVED] CPU Very bad Performances

Dec 15, 2018
Hi, I've realized quite a while ago that my CPU was performing quite worse then it ever did, It has gotten so worse that I can't play Counter strike Global Offensive without getting some FPS drops when I'm in a place where there are many enemies. I recently found out that my CPU only has 16 PCIe lanes and that since I had a PCIe gigabit Ethernet extension card plugged in, that might cause my troubles, but removing showed very little improvement.. So far I've tried :

-reinstalling my Windows install

-Reset the default settings of my BIOS

-Re-flash the BIOS software

-Re-seating the CPU

Lowering my games graphics settings also doesn't show any improvement, my GPU is a 1060 6Gb so my PC can handle graphics, but anything CPU intensive gets bad. I've also thought It could have been my HDD that was getting slow, but Installing games that i knew didn't perform well on my SSD show again, no improvement. MY CPU is properly cooled and does not exceed 60° in game, in games like Ghost recon Wildlands its constantly hitting 100%

I've also tried removing one of my RAM sticks to leave only the fastest RAM but my CPU only supports 1333Mhz so that didn't do anything

Here are CPUz benchmark results : https://i.imgur.com/Ru7magl.png
Specs:

CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k

MO: ASUS P8H77-V LE

GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX1060 6Gb

12Gb DDR3 @ 1333Mhz

Solution
I may be wrong so someone else can correct me, but the 'supported' ram is the ram speed your CPU will definitely handle with it being stable anything more is an OC (my ryzen 7 1800x handles 2666MHz but people use 3000MHz with Ryzens cause they love speed).
Additionally, if you're CPU is the limiting factor in your build then you really need a new CPU.... Lowering down the settings causes your PC to use the generated shadows etc, from your CPU instead of your GPU meaning your CPU has less time to perform another action hence its pegged at 100%. If you want to make the most out of your card without changing anything you have to increase everything to Ultra settings as that stresses the GPU and if you want to go even further than increase...

imdawdaw

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
I may be wrong so someone else can correct me, but the 'supported' ram is the ram speed your CPU will definitely handle with it being stable anything more is an OC (my ryzen 7 1800x handles 2666MHz but people use 3000MHz with Ryzens cause they love speed).
Additionally, if you're CPU is the limiting factor in your build then you really need a new CPU.... Lowering down the settings causes your PC to use the generated shadows etc, from your CPU instead of your GPU meaning your CPU has less time to perform another action hence its pegged at 100%. If you want to make the most out of your card without changing anything you have to increase everything to Ultra settings as that stresses the GPU and if you want to go even further than increase the Resolution (if you don't have higher resolution use Nvidia's DRS technology).
I was in the same place as you last year, had a g4560 and a 1060 …. and because the 1060 is a 1080p card anything higher the 1060 couldn't handle at ultra but lower settings stressed the cpu so its a tough situation to be in, but if you do consider upgrading you can upgrade to ryzen pretty cheap (unless you are planning on going to high end GPUs and Monitors with 144Hz etc)

Solution

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
When you run the cpuz benchmark select your cpu as reference cpu to see if in deed you are running poorly. Also have your tried high performance plan in your windows settings? Also is this your chipset driver? Version 11.0.0.1157