[SOLVED] CPU Virtualization Technology

pleo10

Prominent
May 12, 2017
I am curious with the virualization technology, currently using it for BlueStacks emulator to play FIFA. I want to know the cons if there are any of the virtulaziation technology? Is it bad that i turned it on? Any performance drops?
EDIT : I have a Pentium G4560 :p

Solution
Virtualization will normally be used to run multiple operating systems within Type 1 hypervisor (HyperV, ESXI, ProxMox, KVM, Citrix Hypervisor/XenServer) or Type 2 applications (Oracle VirtualBox, VMWare Fusion/Player/Workstation)

Naturally running multiple OS's at the same time will put a load on the CPU and RAM, depending on which OSs are run, but, many 8 core systems with lots of RAM have little issues running up to 10-20 virtual machines, and multisocket servers can run 100+...
Virtualization will normally be used to run multiple operating systems within Type 1 hypervisor (HyperV, ESXI, ProxMox, KVM, Citrix Hypervisor/XenServer) or Type 2 applications (Oracle VirtualBox, VMWare Fusion/Player/Workstation)

Naturally running multiple OS's at the same time will put a load on the CPU and RAM, depending on which OSs are run, but, many 8 core systems with lots of RAM have little issues running up to 10-20 virtual machines, and multisocket servers can run 100+...

Solution
Jun 29, 2019
There is very little disadvantage of running a virtualization system aside from the costs but that isn't what you are after.
For one, virtual machines can be slower than host system because they indirectly access the hardware layer.
But when you carefully research and choose the best hypervisor system or virtual machine applications such as Virtual box for your project, you will face little challenge in installing, using or performance lags.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX