Question CPU Voltage - AMD Ryzen 3600

Sep 24, 2021
Hi,
I overclocked my CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 3600), as it was overheating a lot (up to 86-90 degrees), I put my voltage on 1,1, and it has been good for the last 2-3 months. For some reason, I have random BSOD, or screen stuttering out of no where. I just realized my voltage goes to minimum 200. I wonder whether my CPU voltage dropping to 200 causing these. If it is, I will change voltage to 1,25. Any help?

Sep 24, 2021
Hi,
No, PBO is not enabled. Mine is more like a downclock .d as it was overheating a lot.
Clocks (All 5 of them) = 4192Mhz at 1100 volt.
Min volt hit, 0.200V (which I am curious of)
Max volt hit, 1.281 to 1.313 varies.

Sep 9, 2021
I have a 3900x, and 1.1 volts on 4.2ghz is almost impossible if you don’t have a top quality silicon and as far as i know. The situation is the same with most of other Ryzen chips. I’d suggest you increase it to around 1.25V to 1.325V (because higher than that is really inefficient) and SOC voltage to 1.2V, others didn’t change too much in my experience. Voltage drops happens to lower the power consumption and heat on light workloads but it shouldn’t happen while gaming and heavy workloads if the chip doesn’t experience thermal throttling. You can also validate voltage consistency by running Cinebench R20 and HWMonitor to check core voltages and clock speeds at the same time. And in my tests, i only achieved 4GHz at1.1V, and 4.2GHz at 1.275V but i didn’test 1.1V thoroughly because AMD’s boost algorithm was performing better in some instances than locked 4GHz on all cores. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021
Thank you for your reply. I did test 1.1V on my CPU before. It had no problem, and it was consistent. If the voltage volume goes down when idle, then I am fine with it .d That was my question. The black screen might be the cause either my PSU or GPU (%90 I think it is GPU). My PSU is a golden one with 950W, it can run 5 iron at the same time xD However, my GPU is gtx 550ti (my first one died -AMD 280x- because electricity went out real quick and kinda killed it because of bad bios). I changed my PC, everything is like 2 months old, only GPU and PSU is old. The person who gave me this GPU told me that it will only work for at least 1 year, and it is almost a year now (maybe even passed). Probably my GPU is at the edge of its life as it is almost 15 year old GPU .dd Thank you for your help. Have a nice day :)