[SOLVED] CPU voltage defaulted to 1.425

Apr 10, 2020
Specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
mobo: a320 s2h gigabyte
16gb ddr4 3600mhz
rtx 2060 6gb
evga 600bq

Just built a pc, kinda messed up on gooing with a budget board i know. But i just noticed my cpu actually boosts to 4.2, on my previous build it did not. Same mobo, same cpu. I noticed my voltage hits 1.45 randomly but stays about 1.42. I know this is slightly higher than recommended. But this is a budget board , so the vrms are at risk here right? I have plenty of fans and airflow in my case. Fans cant be controlled due to pwm hub so i assume they are always on full speed. Still i would like to lower my voltage. In bios it has the option "auto" but i cannot change it. I can also not channge my voltage with ryzen master. The best ive been able to do is put the power plan to balanced instead of performance. ANy help is appreciated.

Solution
Specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
16gb ddr4 3600mhz
rtx 2060 6gb
evga 600bq

Just built a pc, kinda messed up on gooing with a budget board i know. But i just noticed my cpu actually boosts to 4.2, on my previous build it did not. Same mobo, same cpu. I noticed my voltage hits 1.45 randomly but stays about 1.42. I know this is slightly higher than recommended. But this is a budget board , so the vrms are at risk here right? I have plenty of fans and airflow in my case. Fans cant be controlled due to pwm hub so i assume they are always on full speed. Still i would like to lower my voltage. In bios it has the option "auto" but i cannot change it. I can also not channge my voltage with ryzen master. The best ive been able to...
Specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
16gb ddr4 3600mhz
rtx 2060 6gb
evga 600bq

Just built a pc, kinda messed up on gooing with a budget board i know. But i just noticed my cpu actually boosts to 4.2, on my previous build it did not. Same mobo, same cpu. I noticed my voltage hits 1.45 randomly but stays about 1.42. I know this is slightly higher than recommended. But this is a budget board , so the vrms are at risk here right? I have plenty of fans and airflow in my case. Fans cant be controlled due to pwm hub so i assume they are always on full speed. Still i would like to lower my voltage. In bios it has the option "auto" but i cannot change it. I can also not channge my voltage with ryzen master. The best ive been able to do is put the power plan to balanced instead of performance. ANy help is appreciated.
See if you can find CPU voltage offset in BIOS and set negative offset to -0.05 to -0.1v.

Solution