Discussion CPU was running hot

Oct 2, 2022
I was playing a game the other day and recording with Bandicam when my entire PC froze. tried rebooting the PC which seemed to work until the game which was Wylde Flowers crashed again.
When I check my temp it was 61 degrees idle which I thought was a bit odd as during the heatwave a few weeks back the PC ran fine.
After I opened up the PC I found out the heatsink was caked in dust so gave the inside a good clean.

Working way better now at only 8 degrees idle and not had any crashes after cleaning it.

PS

I bought the PC second hand and whoever built it obviously didn't know what he was doing I don't think the PC had ever been cleaned and not enough thermal paste either.

Thought I would share this as it might help other users who's computer is running hot or high CPU usage

I was playing a game the other day and recording with Bandicam when my entire PC froze. tried rebooting the PC which seemed to work until the game which was Wylde Flowers crashed again.
When I check my temp it was 61 degrees idle which I thought was a bit odd as during the heatwave a few weeks back the PC ran fine.
After I opened up the PC I found out the heatsink was caked in dust so gave the inside a good clean.

Working way better now at only 8 degrees idle and not had any crashes after cleaning it.

PS

I bought the PC second hand and whoever built it obviously didn't know what he was doing I don't think the PC had ever been cleaned and not enough thermal paste either.

Thought I would share this as it might help other users who's computer is running hot or high CPU usage
8c is practically impossible unless you are in Alaska with window open. 5-10c above environment is quite normal.

Oct 2, 2022
I may have worded the original topic wrong what I meant was the CPU was running at 61 0c which was putting a real strain on the PC.

speccy details

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD A8-7650K 9 °C
Kaveri 28nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A68HM-HD2 (P0) 30 °C
Graphics
UMC SHARP (1366x768@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Gigabyte) 8 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA ) 31 °C
931GB Western Digital WD Elements 10B8 USB Device (USB )
116GB Kingston KIOXIA TransMemory USB Device (USB )
14GB Kingston KIOXIA TransMemory USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
I may have worded the original topic wrong what I meant was the CPU was running at 61 0c which was putting a real strain on the PC.

speccy details

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD A8-7650K 9 °C
Kaveri 28nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A68HM-HD2 (P0) 30 °C
Graphics
UMC SHARP (1366x768@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Gigabyte) 8 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA ) 31 °C
931GB Western Digital WD Elements 10B8 USB Device (USB )
116GB Kingston KIOXIA TransMemory USB Device (USB )
14GB Kingston KIOXIA TransMemory USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Speccy Temps are unreliable, use HWMonitor, it will show the actual temperatures in your system.