[SOLVED] CPU water cool now or can wait?

thunderlord

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
my question is do i need to add a water cooler device onto my CPU now as im order my parts (but would have to wait for this, bc of money) or can i wait and get the CPU water cooler at a date/ month?
im ordering a Rysen 7 3800 with a prism cooler.... in my NZXT H710i for the "MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI AM4 ATX Motherboard"

Solution
my question is do i need to add a water cooler device onto my CPU now as im order my parts (but would have to wait for this, bc of money) or can i wait and get the CPU water cooler at a date/ month?
im ordering a Rysen 7 3800 with a prism cooler.... in my NZXT H710i for the "MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI AM4 ATX Motherboard"
If you're tight on cash you can just get a beefy air cooler that's capable of cooling over 200watts that's pretty cheap and should handle any overclocking. I mean my stock cooler can handle 120watts without overheating when it's only rated for 65watts since I put on a more powerful fan. You could easily get a nice air cooler $50 that can cool WAY more than that while being audibly acceptable. Here's...
If you're tight on cash you can just get a beefy air cooler that's capable of cooling over 200watts that's pretty cheap and should handle any overclocking. I mean my stock cooler can handle 120watts without overheating when it's only rated for 65watts since I put on a more powerful fan. You could easily get a nice air cooler $50 that can cool WAY more than that while being audibly acceptable. Here's one that's rated for 220w https://www.amazon.com/ALSEYE-Heatsink-Heatpipes-Computer-Radiator/dp/B07S91V232/
here's another one that's rated 210w https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-eSports-DUO-Configuration/dp/B07MJGNJB3/

And you could easily upgrade the fans on them to dissipate more heat. You could legit overclock threadrippers purely off air. Why liquid cool if you can get perfectly fine temperatures and overclock for less money on an air cooler? Put the money to better parts I say. Maybe a new cpu, ram, storage, case, fans, psu, etc. Or to nothing at all and just save.

Last edited:
Solution

thunderlord

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
If you're tight on cash you can just get a beefy air cooler that's capable of cooling over 200watts that's pretty cheap and should handle any overclocking. I mean my stock cooler can handle 120watts without overheating when it's only rated for 65watts since I put on a more powerful fan. You could easily get a nice air cooler $50 that can cool WAY more than that while being audibly acceptable. Here's one that's rated for 220w https://www.amazon.com/ALSEYE-Heatsink-Heatpipes-Computer-Radiator/dp/B07S91V232/
here's another one that's rated 210w https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Freezer-eSports-DUO-Configuration/dp/B07MJGNJB3/

And you could easily upgrade the fans on them to dissipate more heat. You could legit overclock threadrippers purely off air. Why liquid cool if you can get perfectly fine temperatures and overclock for less money on an air cooler? Put the money to better parts I say. Maybe a new cpu, ram, storage, case, fans, psu, etc. Or to nothing at all and just save.
have you tryed any of these fans your self? or similar fans base?

have you tryed any of these fans your self? or similar fans base?
I haven't tried those before, but they got great reviews and tons of youtube videos on them. I'd honestly recommend the arctic cpu cooler over the ALYSEYE one cause it cools about as good with better and more reviews. My dad has a coolermaster hyper 212 though which isn't capable of cooling as much as those ones do while still keeping his temperatures nice and cool.

thunderlord

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I haven't tried those before, but they got great reviews and tons of youtube videos on them. I'd honestly recommend the arctic cpu cooler over the ALYSEYE one cause it cools about as good with better and more reviews. My dad has a coolermaster hyper 212 though which isn't capable of cooling as much as those ones do while still keeping his temperatures nice and cool.
got and thanks...

TRENDING THREADS