[SOLVED] cpu water cooler do i need to change the liquid if so when and how

Status
Not open for further replies.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
i seen some water coolers have a tank and some that does not have tank.
the ones that has no tank and its titled water cooler is the liquid already inside.
HS00DAC_239628_750x750.jpg

Solution
1. Cooler is fine, build is fine, psu is lower quality, you'll be editing/rendering long duration under heavy loads, and a mediocre power supply is not great for that. With the kind of money you are spending for the build, it's like buying a tuxedo and wearing sandals. It'll work, but you'd be better/safer with a higher quality power supply.

2. You'll get very good performance from the m.2 NVMe, those storage are excellent for large file transfers like video renders.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum, Hydro Series, 240 mm Radiator (Dual ML PRO 120 mm RGB PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Control with Software) Liquid CPU Cooler, Black

614QJbe08zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

is this a good cooler for 5950x

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i seen some water coolers have a tank and some that does not have tank.
the ones that has no tank and its titled water cooler is the liquid already inside.
HS00DAC_239628_750x750.jpg
I can vouch for this one - I have it.
It is refillable, expandable, AND serviceable.

Pretty bloody awesome cooler, but it's hurt by:
-the round frame fans... on a radiator... plus, they're LED = not the best for performance, and I'm a performance-focused individual.
-the mounting hardware is a PITA. It is very easy to mount incorrectly and either end up with subpar thermals or cpu error because it was over-tightened. I'm comparing this to a Fractal Celsius S36 which I also have.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All depends on the actual liquid cooler. There's 3 kinds.
  1. Everyday average all-in-one. This is a sealed unit that has no user accessible parts, nor any ability to refill.
  2. Hybrid are the same as #1 but contain standard Watercooling G1/4 fittings and are expandable. (Fractal Design and some others). These can be drained and/or refilled as necessary.
  3. Seperates. Some companies (such as Swiftech or EK) make an AIO kit, it's basically a Custom Loop in a box, full G1/4 fittings, seperate pump/reservoir, seperate cpu block or combination pump/res/block etc. These require periodic maintenance, usually @ the year mark.

Most aios are #1, some are #2, few are #3, so it depends on exactly what you look at.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
i am building
can anyone tell me if this build is ok or not and if not what needs changing

5950x
Corsair hydro 100i rgb platinum dual ml pro.

128gb ddr4 3600 mhz.
Corsair CX750F RGB, 80 PLUS Bronze Fully Modular ATX Power Supply.
Sabrent 2TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive.
Gigabyte Aorus AMD x570 PRO Motherboard

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
oh sir i am not interested in led lights i got it because it was recommened to me and i ordered it, it's still not dispatched yet so maybe i can ask.
i dont care about led simple darkness is ok lol i am more into cpu and gpu system power.

the setup am building will that be strong and powerfull for use with adobe after effects ? if you say adobe after effects use one core than i can use rendergarden plugin that creates seperate instances of the same render file working together exporting it.

USAFRet

Titan
oh sir i am not interested in led lights i got it because it was recommened to me and i ordered it, it's still not dispatched yet so maybe i can ask.
i dont care about led simple darkness is ok lol i am more into cpu and gpu system power.

the setup am building will that be strong and powerfull for use with adobe after effects ? if you say adobe after effects use one core than i can use rendergarden plugin that creates seperate instances of the same render file working together exporting it.
Both the liquid coolers you linked are full of RGB.

Reactions: humzy12

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
premier pro + adobe after effects + c4d + 3d max + photoshop.
3d modelling
element 3d by video co-pilot
making long project wedding videos adding particles, transitions of all kinds.
motion fx particle illusion systems
mocha pro tracking.
will I see any lags as I move the slider-bar of preview

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The bonus of most rgb/argb fans over the older solid color leds is that they almost always require you hook them up. That Corsair aio will run just fine without the RGB connected, just plain fans and tuck the unused wiring out of the way.

I'd not run a CX-F with that setup. You are pushing a 5950x and a 2080ti with priceless wedding footage. Should be looking at the RMx/RMi or Seasonic Prime series. The CX-F is a half-step better than the bottom of the barrel VS/CV/CX-M.

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
so is the cooler cx-f ok. and my build is it powerful enough am new to this i just wanted a super strong pc and not mess about after xxx years upgrading wasting money.

you mention
You are pushing a 5950x and a 2080ti with priceless wedding footage.
are these 2 combined together get good performance with a gen4 m.2

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
1. Cooler is fine, build is fine, psu is lower quality, you'll be editing/rendering long duration under heavy loads, and a mediocre power supply is not great for that. With the kind of money you are spending for the build, it's like buying a tuxedo and wearing sandals. It'll work, but you'd be better/safer with a higher quality power supply.

2. You'll get very good performance from the m.2 NVMe, those storage are excellent for large file transfers like video renders.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.