Question CPU water cooling

Jan 9, 2020
I bought a NZXT m22 cpu cooler and I was wondering if I buy a two fan radiator on amazon if I could connect it to my current part that sits on my cpu. Im getting around 60-65c at 30% usage and I want to upgrade. Does anyone know if this would work?
I should also add that my temps dont dip below 55c at idle, my cpu is a Ryzen 7 2700x.

jakedude182

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
a two fan radiator may help cool the air in the case, which will be taken in by the NZXT and will help lower the temperatures of the coolent inside, which may lower the cpu temerature. But it won't connect directly to the cpu and it won't connect I don't think to the NZXT radiator either.

If you could put a two fan radiator somewhere else in the case it might do something ( i don't know tbh about that) ... Your best bet I think getting some fans at the front of your case if there arn't already ones so that it can intake air and outtake it push/pull through your NZXT grills fixed to the back of the case

Jan 9, 2020
a two fan radiator may help cool the air in the case, which will be taken in by the NZXT and will help lower the temperatures of the coolent inside, which may lower the cpu temerature. But it won't connect directly to the cpu and it won't connect I don't think to the NZXT radiator either.

If you could put a two fan radiator somewhere else in the case it might do something ( i don't know tbh about that) ... Your best bet I think getting some fans at the front of your case if there arn't already ones so that it can intake air and outtake it push/pull through your NZXT grills fixed to the back of the case
Right now I have a fan on the bottom in the front along with the rad thats pulling air in and I have one on the top of my case pulling air out and one in the back pulling air out. Would that affect anything?

The nzxt is not expandable, so buying another radiator will do nothing for you. It's an aio, which means it is factory sealed and not able to be open or expanded.

So you have the radiator in front, and one other fan, also in front as intake. And two fans for exhaust, top and rear? That's sounds like an ok setup as far as flow.

What case do you have? 55c for idle does sound a little on the high side though. Is the pump securely mounted? Is the pump on max speed? I dont know how the nzxt setup works as far as adjusting pump settings, but if there any in the software to do so, I would run it on max. What's the fan curve like? What are your actual load temps? During a stress test? What's your ambient temp?

Jan 9, 2020
The nzxt is not expandable, so buying another radiator will do nothing for you. It's an aio, which means it is factory sealed and not able to be open or expanded.

So you have the radiator in front, and one other fan, also in front as intake. And two fans for exhaust, top and rear? That's sounds like an ok setup as far as flow.

What case do you have? 55c for idle does sound a little on the high side though. Is the pump securely mounted? Is the pump on max speed? I dont know how the nzxt setup works as far as adjusting pump settings, but if there any in the software to do so, I would run it on max. What's the fan curve like? What are your actual load temps? During a stress test? What's your ambient temp?
This is an older pc that I upgraded. The case is a phantom 410 and I can feel air going through it like crazy, thats why I thought if I upgraded my rad it would get more airflow and my temps would be better. I did take my cpu cooler off a second ago and added a small dot of thermal paste because two of the corners were bare and now my idle temps are high 30's low 40's. Maybe I had a bad connection or not enough thermal paste. The room my pc is in sits at mid 60f. Also I cant find a setting to change fan speed because NZXT doesnt even recognise the cooler and I tried reinstalling and running older programs.

Jan 9, 2020
I just ran a few games and I the highest I hit was 52c. Before my cpu would max out at ~30%, now its getting up to 50%~60%. I think it was the thermal paste or the seal.

jakedude182

Commendable
Jan 9, 2020
glad to hear its running cooler now. Over time reseating the cpu with new paste can help, and many people refresh this routinely after so many years for that reason.
Aswel as a good dust clean.
It sounds like your case has good airflow... The room and environmental temperatures are the only other things you can change. That or downclock your cpu if you are overclocking.

TRENDING THREADS