• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question CPU Windows power management clock speed stuck at 2501 mhz

Apr 23, 2020
I have a gaming laptop Asus Rog Strix G with i7-9750h and RTX 2070. I bought it 5 months ago and the temperatures seems to be really, during gaming CPU reaches 93-95 degrees Celcius on CPU and 86 degrees celcius on GPU. I tried changing the settings in windows processor power management from 100% to 99%, the temperatures went down to less than 80 degrees celcius on CPU and 75 on gpu, but the clock speed was stuck at 2501 mhz. Do you have any fix to lock the clock speed higher than this ? In some games it doesnt make a difference, but in more CPU heavy games the performance drops quite significantly (by 10-15%). Do you have any fix to this? Undervolting using XTU or Throttlestop didnt help. I' ll probably have to repaste it, but maybe someone know any fix to this, its pretty new laptop. Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY